Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Chapter 22 (A Path Chosen)



First post in 2012! A co-worker started the wotrr after I did, and now he's on book 8 (A Path of Daggers), makes me feel bad and motivated all at the same time, especially since A Memory of Light is already in edits.  


Word count wise it might not be, but A Path Chosen sure seems like the shortest chapter so far.  Brief and to the point.  I'll work at being so here.

Finally Jordan takes a chapter to show us Perrin's characteristics, instead of keep telling us that Perrin is deliberate. Like when Perrin spells out his plan, the reader can tell Perrin's thought it all the way through, not just options A & B, but C and D as well.  For example, when he tells Egwene (to paraphrase): we could stay here, but let's go to Caemlyn, and if that doesn't work, we're off to Tar Valon; if we don't find the others there, then we'll present our case to the Amyrlin Seat. 

Of Egwene, I could say something, but really at this point I think I'll just watch what she does for the next few chapters as I don't quite remember.  For now, I know I like the team that she and Perrin are making; it's probably the first time Jordan is showing real teamwork between a man and a woman and the benefits (without the either party being dominant).


Next up - Wolfbrother - ah, the boys discovering who they are and who they will be.  So many memories in these books.
~

No comments:

Post a Comment