Monday, August 15, 2011

Side Note to an Empty Road

Huh...I forgot about this when I was writing my thoughts, but when I was reading the chapter, it was very prevalent in my mind.  This chapter is where we hear this quote for the first time, and Rand tells Mat, rather like a matra:


"The Dark One and all of the Forsaken are bound in Shayol Ghul, beyond the Great Blight, bound by the Creator, bound at the moment of Creation, bound until the end of time.  The hand of the Creator shelters the world and the Light shines on us all. "

It's the first mention of many things - and the way that Rand says it - like if he just keeps repeating it, that will make it true, right?  But even here, he doubts, which clues in the readers that things aren't as simple as he would like them.    

No comments:

Post a Comment